Sunday, December 30, 2012

Coffee Filter Grand Peonies



Coffee filters give these grand peonies a more realistic look. I think they keep their shape better when made from coffee filters as opposed to tissue paper.

Started spraying 4 filters with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays.
Spraying 2 filters Cotton Candy Pink, Salt Water Taffy, and the other 2 Hibiscus Rose, Salt Water Taffy and Cape Cod. I dried them with my heat tool.
Then cutting the flower shapes with Spellbindrs Donna Salazar's Grand Peony Creations dies as shown below.

I separated the different flowers and used a ball tool to curl up the edges and my finger to press the centers.

I attached one of each size alternating dark and light petals with some random brads from my stash (the stars were the biggest ones I had lol)






For the centers I used the edges of the leftover filter and dabbed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Pinapple Paradise, Icy Primrose Gold,Yellow Rose of Texas, and Wild Honeysuckle. I then cut it with fringe scissors I got from Beverly's, but Martha Stewart makes them as well. I rolled them up and trimmed the bottoms because they were a bit too tall.



With the trimmed leftover I used it as a mount under the flower in case I wanted to add a stem.


Put all the pieces together with my glue gun and primped the final touches.  I Cut the leaves with the smallest leaf die size included in the die set. I dabbed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Bells of Ireland Green.



Hope you like them as much as I do :)



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you Sharon, I usually don't get comments so this was a nice surprise LOL

      Delete
  2. You did a beautiful job on these. Love them.

    ReplyDelete