Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bible Journaling on the Margins Mini Tutorial NUMBERS

Bible Journaling is my passion and you can join me as we journal through God's word one page at a time.  I prefer to journal on the margins of my Bible and not on his words because they are too precious HOLY to me.  I have started a facebook group for like minded journalers if you would like to join.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/249463942064003/
Every Tuesday is 'Tuesday Tutorial"and I will post a mini tutorial for you to enjoy.

This is a mini tutorial for Bible Journaling on the Margins for the book of Numbers.




Started off by using low tack tape by scotch to protect God's words.  Taped the page to a piece of clear plastic.  You can use an old poly notebook cover cut to bible size for this also.  I used gold metallic rub ons by Tim Holtz. These rub ons were a little labor intensive since the white paint on the sheet was all over the place and its best to use a firm surface underneath your page, not the bible pages themselves as I found them too difficult to rub the rub ons with.  Also use a bone folder I was not crazy about the popsicle stick included.




I have this multi colored pigment ink pad from colorbox and I used orange and yellow.  I believe you can use whatever brand pigment ink pads you have.  I prefer pigment because the color sits on top of the page and doesn't bleed through.   I sponged it on with a cut up makeup sponge.  You might want to try sponging color on a separate piece of paper first.  You can play with the pressure and amount of color you want to use before putting it on your precious page.




Once I was pleased with the color blend I covered God's words with a sheet of paper and sprayed the color shine sprays lightly.  I used Butter and Salmon Color Shine sprays from Heidi Swapp.




This is the end result. It looks so beautiful in person.  I will do the other page similar next time.



Well I hope you liked this tutorial and I would love to see what you create using this technique.  You can join my New Facebook group BIBLE MARGIN JOURNALING

        <a data-pin-do="embedUser" href="https://www.pinterest.com/merlyncox/"data-pin-scale-width="80" data-pin-scale-height="200" data-pin-board-width="400">    Visit Jimmy Merlyn's profile on Pinterest.</a><!-- Please call pinit.js only once per page --><script type="text/javascript" async src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>    

No comments:

Post a Comment