Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bible Margin Journaling Matthew 6:26 Tracing a Coloring book page

MATTHEW 6:26
I posted  this tutorial on my new facebook group  Bible Margin Journaling




I seen this image in a coloring book from china that I just loved.  I wanted to use it on a page in my bible and these are the steps I took to make it happen.




A Bible Concordance is a great tool to use for Bible Journaling.  I looked up "Bird" and found my verse Matthew 6:26.  This is one of my favorite verses because it reminds me that God will always provide for my needs just as he provides for the needs of his creations.  He is faithful.



I made this light table for $3.50.  I found these LED lights at Dollar Tree and the plastic case at Daiso Japan for $1.50.  It worked great!




I taped the bible page to the coloring page with washi tape so it didn't move as I traced.  I used Sakura Micron sizes 1 and 01.  I like using the Micron 01 for the really detailed parts.



It took a little long but the results are so worth the time.



I also like using the Microns because they don't bleed (hardly at all) This is what it looks like on the other side of the page.  That will be covered up by a different entry.



I used Avery Elle pigment ink pads to color the image.  You can use any pigment ink pads you may have I believe you will get the same results.  I sponged on the color with these brushstix that have foam tips. You can also use sponge eyeshadow wands from the dollar store or cut up a makeup sponge as well.



I like using 2-3 different shades of color to my images to add dimension.  For my Bible pages I also prefer to use pigment inks because they don't bleed as much as dye inks.  The pigment ink sits on top of the paper fibers and dye ink bleeds into the paper fibers.  The pigment ink does take longer to dry though.



I hope you like this tutorial and give it a try in your own bible.  I would love to see what you create. You can join my New Facebook group Bible Margin Journaling
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/249463942064003/

I will post new tutorials every "Tutorial Tuesday".  God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment