Monday, May 14, 2012

Shabby Chic Monitor Frame Tutorial

Ok as promised here is my mini pic tutorial for the shabby chic monitor frame.



First I went to my local Michael's to pick up 2 decorative wood borders (i think they are called) some wood glue, some acrylic paint, velcro tape, a mini miter box, and small wood cutting saw.  I measured the inside of the monitor screen so that I was sure not to obstruct my view with the frame.  I had my hubby cut the 45* angles for me as i didn't want to take the chance of messing it up.

I then glued the corners and secured it with tape.  Took an hour nap since I'm 38 weeks pregnant and that was enough for me LOL.


When it was nice and dry I painted it with AmericanaWarm White acrylic paint to match my furniture.  I also sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Creme Brulee Creame  for a subtle gold shimmer.


That didn't take long to dry especially when using my heat tool.  I applied velcro to the corners and edges of my monitor leaving the tacky side up so that when I fit the frame to the  monitor I would have a perfect alignment.
****I used Velcro so that I can make different frames later when I get bored of looking at this one LOL.


I attached the unembellished frame for an easier fitting.




I then took my gorgeous I Am Roses Flowers and leaves and decorated the edges. I Tried to keep it simple going for the "Less is More" look.  Plus its easier when taking the frame down if its not too cluttered.
IAR Products used:
2" White Roses R-77-15
1" Cherry Blossoms in Turquoise
1 1/4" White Puffy Flowers
3/8" Soft Blue Semi Open Rosebuds
Small Leaves ZQLO-1
Tiny Green Leaves ZQL O-2




and VOILA...



I finished the whole look off with attaching Shabby Chic shelf liner which I picked up at Michael's to the base so it would wipe up nicely if I got gunk on it.  Now my monitor is not so hideous to look at and it matches my Craft Room YAY!!!

I hope you like my idea and it inspires you to revamp your plain monitor.  I would love to see what you come up with if so :))

No comments:

Post a Comment